Conditions of rentals at The Farmers Arms
The definitions used in these Conditions shall have the meanings specified in the Booking Form which can be downloaded in a printable PDF format.
- This Agreement is between the Hirer and the Property Owner and becomes effective when a deposit has been received from the Hirer and the Booking Confirmation has been confirmed in writing or e mail by the Hirer.
- The Property Owner agrees to let and the Hirer agrees to take the Property as a holiday home between the dates specified above. The Property is available from 2.00pm on the first day of the letting and in order to ensure that the Property can be fully cleaned before the next letting, the Hirer must vacate by no later than 10.30am on the last day of the letting.
- Provisional bookings made by telephone or e mail must be followed up by the Hirer sending a signed booking form and deposit to the Property Owner within 2 days of the provisional booking. For bookings made more than 8 weeks before arrival a non-refundable deposit of 50% of the total fee is payable. The balance of the fee is due 8 weeks before the holiday begins.
- If no payment is received by the date 6 weeks before the holiday is due to begin then this Agreement shall be automatically cancelled. Any deposit paid will be forfeited and will become the property of the Property Owner, who will try to re-let the property.
- If the Property is re-let for the same fee, any monies paid by the Hirer will be refunded, less a management/administration fee of 15% of the fee. If the Property Owner is unable to re-let the Property then the Hirer will remain liable for the balance of the fee.
- Upon payment of the deposit and acceptance of the booking by the Property Owner, the Hirer becomes liable for the balance of the fee.
- No pets are allowed and the Hirer agrees not to bring any pets into the Property or into the garden of the Property. Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the Property.
- The maximum number of people (excluding babies 0 to 2 years) to be accommodated is 5 for the Main House only, 4 for the Annexe only and 9 for both parts together. These numbers may not be exceeded under any circumstances - for health and safety, fire and insurance reasons.
- The Hirer shall not part with possession of the Property or sub-let or share it, except with the members of the party shown on the Booking Form above. The Property Owner reserves the right to refuse entry to the property if the maximum number is likely to be exceeded.
- The Property Owner warrants that the property is well equipped and furnished and is complete with all furnishings, cutlery, crockery and cooking utensils necessary for the maximum number of people stated above. Bed linen is not provided as standard, but can be arranged at a cost of £8 per double set and £6 per single set. Towels are not provided. The guest must bring these items.
- All necessary information to assist the Hirer during his/her stay will be displayed in a prominent position, including instructions for electrical equipment, names and addresses of local doctors, dentists and hospitals, refuse collection times and any other relevant details.
- A cot will be supplied, with a mattress, but without a blanket.
- The cost of electricity, heating and as is included in the fee.
- The Property Owner does not guarantee the security of the Hirer's vehicle(s) or personal possessions whilst within the curtilage of the Property and cannot be held liable for loss or damage thereto from any cause whatsoever. Such items remain ant the Hirer's risk at all times.
- Cleaning is not included in the price of the Cottage and the Hirer must leave the property clean and tidy (particularly kitchen utensils, appliances and bathrooms). Cleaning fluids are provided. The Hirer will be liable for breakages caused during their occupation.